Are you looking for a challenge that puts you at the center of Microsoft's security strategy for protecting and securing access to critical business assets? Microsoft's Windows Devices Group (WDG) is responsible for some of Microsoft's largest and most important online services including the Commerce Platform, Windows Update, Windows Marketplace, Xbox Live, Microsoft Game Studios, and many more.   The WDG Information Security (WDG_IS) team is looking for an experienced and motivated senior developer to deliver performant, reliable and scalable services and tools to protect and monitor high valued assets across WDG. We desire a well-organized security-focused developer to help tackle these important challenges. You'll work with stakeholders in all disciplines to help design and deliver software services that protect assets by providing strong identity guarantees, just-in-time access and enhanced monitoring. This position will require cross team, org and division collaboration on large security initiatives and development of security threat and vulnerability management strategies.
We are looking for a senior developer with strong technical, problem solving and design skills and a drive for execution and results, with an emphasis on delivering quality. We value passion, creativity, a desire to learn new complex technical areas, agility and accountability. The ideal candidate also has a detail-oriented outlook, is obsessed with all aspects of cybersecurity, and is focused on solving complex problems. If you can work independently and in teams to design and deliver secure and reliable solutions that delight your customers, we want to hear from you.
-      Build secure, multitenant, scalable web experiences and backend services for managing access to environments and devices that power our flagship product and service development.
-      Collaborate with product and engineering teams across the company to ensure security and identity best practices are leveraged as we roll out new features and expand our service offerings.
-      Working closely with our partner teams to design and deliver best in class tools and applications to support our customer's business needs.
-      Produce design docs, threat models and participate in compliance reviews.
-      Help mentor and guide your peers as we deliver high business impact using agile methodologies.
• 5 Years of software development experience.
• REST service design and implementation including security considerations.
• Deep understanding of design patterns and industry best practices for software engineering.
• Demonstrated success in building exceptionally secure, reliable and scalable applications software.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, proven attention to detail; proven ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations; ability to deal with ambiguity and complex problem solving; and great cross-group and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to grow and mentor junior developers and recruit new talent to the team and org.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
• Experience using Agile Methodology or Scrum software development.
• Experience with Microsoft SDLC.
• Experience with Microsoft's portfolio of Identity technologies such as Active Directory, Azure A.D., certificates and MFA technologies.
• VSO, GIT, and Visual Studio.
• Prior experience working on a security focused team.
• MCSE, CISSP, ISSAP, CCIE Security, GCIA, or GCFW Certifications is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software, services, and hardware devices. Its Windows division offers Windows operating system; Windows Services suite of applications and Web services, including Outlook.com and SkyDrive; Surface RT and Pro devices; and PC accessories. The companys Server and Tools division provides server software, cloud-based services, and solutions; and training and certification to developers and information technology professionals, as well as builds standalone and software development lifecycle tools for software architects, developers, testers, and project managers. Its products include Windows Server operating systems, Windows Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Intune, Windows Embedded, Visual Studio, System Center products, Microsoft consulting services, and Premier product support services. The companys Online Services division offers online information and content, including Bing, Bing Ads, and MSN. Its Microsoft Business division provides software and online services, such as Microsoft Office system consisting of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Exchange, Lync, Yammer, and Microsoft Office project and office Visio; and Microsoft Dynamics business solutions, including Microsoft Dynamics ERP and Dynamics CRM, as well as Microsoft Office Web Apps and Microsoft Office 365, which are online service offerings. The companys Entertainment and Devices division offers products and services designed to entertain and connect people. Its products include Xbox entertainment platform, including Xbox 360 gaming and entertainment console, Kinect for Xbox 360, Xbox 360 video games, and Xbox 360 accessories; Xbox LIVE; Skype; and Windows Phone. The company markets and distributes its products through original equipment manufacturers, distributors, and resellers, as well as online. It has a strategic partnership with DocuSign, Inc. and Ooyala. Microsoft Corporation was founded in 1975 and is headquartered in Redmond, Washington.