Huntsville, AL 35801
Founded in 1980, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.'s team of engineers, analysts and professionals across the US provide government and commercial customers with the latest and most sophisticated engineering, programmatic, and information technology services.
Centered at the core of its values, COLSA knows its people are its most valuable resource. In addition to receiving a competitive compensation package, our employees enjoy offerings such as flexible work schedules, paid time off, benefits that begin on the date of hire, recognition programs, tuition and certification assistance, and immediate vesting in our matching 401(k) plan. Our WE CARE Wellness program provides support and initiatives to empower employees and their families to live healthy, balanced lives and our Association of COLSA Employees (ACE) provides a fun way for employees and their families to come together in times of both celebration and need. We invite you to connect your talents with opportunity, and be a part of our Family of Professionals, in supporting cutting-edge initiatives!
Designs, develops and analyzes complicated and difficult software programs for computer based systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential functions)
* Designs and develops complicated and difficult software programs *
* Analyzes user''s software program needs and assists in troubleshooting *
* Design and develops software using basic compilers, assemblers, utility programs and operating systems *
* Performs systems modeling, simulation and analysis *
* Advises hardware design engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems
* May provide input for documentation of new or existing programs
* May provide work leadership for lower level employees
* Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred) in computer science, information systems, engineering, business, or other related field, or equivalent experience.
* Five years applicable software design engineering experience
* Working knowledge of desktop applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs
* Working knowledge of current operating systems and programming languages
* Experience with SQL and Oracle
* Experience with Agile Scrum methodology
* Experience with Test Driven Development
* Capable of producing technical documentation
* Capable of working on a small team and mentoring junior developers
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.