This position will provide .NET and SQL development support to the Business Analytics & Reporting team by designing, coding, documenting, testing and deploying ASP.NET (MVC 5), Web API (v2), SSIS and SSRS solutions per business requirements
· Works with business partners and database developers to build robust .NET Web and Web API solutions that satisfy business requirements.
· Reviews and interprets ongoing business application requirements, research required data and build appropriate deliverables.
· Documents and provides support for deployed .NET solutions.
· Works with the Business Reporting team to build T-SQL, SSRS and/or SSIS solutions.
· Participates in the rotation for monitoring and troubleshooting Mariner’s nightly data loads (off hour support).
· Verifies the accuracy and validity of all software developed, including preparations of sample test data and the execution of programs, job stream, and system testing, as well as preparing all required documentation indicating system functionality.
· Investigates the root cause of application issues, system down or database failures, and makes accurate decisions to fix or repair the problem.
· Mentors the development team and help to grow and evolve their technical skills.
· Research and propose new technologies that can be utilized by the team.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Four (4) year degree in information systems, MIS, BIS, CIS, or a related field of study
· Minimum five (5) years of experience in Microsoft/.NET Full-stack development with C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server 2012, 2014 or 2016, Windows Server and IIS.
· Experience with .NET 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 4.6.1.
· Experience with .NET Core and AWS a plus.
· In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 or greater.
· Experience with Entity Framework.
· Experience implementing Service Oriented Architectures.
· Knowledge and ability to write advanced T-SQL code.
· Experience developing complex SSRS reports and SSIS packages.
· Knowledge of latest technologies – SOAP and RESTful Services.
· Experience administering Jira, Bitbucket and/or SourceTree with a good understanding of Git preferred.
· Ability to interpret application requests and requirements in order to build appropriate automated solution.
· Experience designing and developing Object Oriented Programming solutions.
· Desire and ability to learn emerging technologies and methodologies.
· Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word, & Outlook).
· Strong attention to detail, interpersonal skills, and notation skills.