IT Job Pro
Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams, Valspar, HGTV HOME by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy, Krylon, Minwax, Thompson’s Water Seal, Cabot and many more. Sherwin-Williams branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company’s other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
******* Developer for Global Lab Systems (GLS) will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, maintenance, and support of the ProductVision and PVXpress software applications. ProductVision is the company-wide formulation and formula management system built on .Net 4.5 Windows Forms with additional customizations specific to our business needs, and PVXpress is a suite of internally developed web applications built using the ******* WebForms framework on .Net 4.6. These tools are used by both manufacturing and R D to support quality control, model and test formulations, support formula and portfolio management, and control industrial automation equipment.
– Provide input and direction to solutions for client requirements.
– Continually work with clients to find new areas for process improvement.
– Recommend both technical and process improvements and solutions to senior technical team members for review.
– Maintain a broad knowledge of new technology and software development techniques.
– Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
– Design application and database components for large-sized development projects.
– Capable of turning concepts into software with the drive for excellence that includes defect free solutions, reuse potential, and maintainability.
– Maintain and modify web applications; maintain and modify Windows Forms applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detail programming logic and coding.
– Act as a resource for PVXpress and ProductVision support.
– Provide 2nd tier support to global customers of all levels of the organization.
– Discover and investigate critical production problems as required.
– Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components and frameworks.
– Handle projects and task management and reporting as necessary.
– Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical web application problems and issues.
– Make presentations to management, clients and peer groups as requested.
– Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
– Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
– Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
– Up to 10% travel required.
– Evening and weekend work may be required to support operational needs, primarily conference calls.
Formal Education Certification
– Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience
Required Knowledge Experience
– 2 years IT experience.
– 2 years development experience using the Microsoft development stack with a technical background in the ************* framework, C# or VB (need to know at least one and be able and willing to learn the other), web applications (required, ******* WebForms), and Windows forms applications (a plus).
– Understanding of object oriented design and development practices.
– Understanding of relational database design principles.
– Experience with writing queries and defining objects in a dialect of the SQL language (e.g., T-SQL, ANSI SQL, or PL\/SQL), including both DML and DDL statements. Experience with procedural parts of PL\/SQL not required.
– Understanding of data persistence techniques.
– Hands-on experience developing and executing test cases and test plans.
– Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
– Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and fix issues and debug code in a variety of environments, frameworks, and languages.
– Experience with ProductVision, a plus.
– Excellent skills in verbal and written communications.
– Eager to learn, grow and develop technical, interpersonal and business skills.
– Motivated to contribute to the work effort.
– Attentive to detail.
– Organized and able to prioritize tasks.
– Customer service orientation.
– Able to work as part of a team, or independently as situational necessary.
– Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
– Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
– Exceptional ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
– Ability to stay current of development trends and technologies is also a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.